Sunday, July 7, 2013

Dr. Floyd L. Moreland's Carousel

Last week I wrote about my visit to the boardwalk in Seaside Heights New Jersey which was devastated by Hurricane Sandy.

Yesterday I read an article about the man responsible for the most recent restoration of the carousel, Dr. Floyd L. Moreland.  He lost his home, his carousel collection, shop inventory and 1000s of books (classics) in the storm. I was so moved by the article and accompanying video. I wanted to share it here:

"Man who saved Seaside carousel not sure if he'll stay in deserted Ortley Beach"
Read the full article from the Asbury Park Press here.
Click here to watch this video.

THANK YOU, Dr. Moreland for all you have done to save the carousel. It is so beautiful and I enjoyed my visit so much. I wish you the very best in your next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment