Friday, March 28, 2014

Art and Installation photos from "Joyride" at Public Functionary

Ostriches, 4x4', acrylic/graphite on panel, 2014.

I just made an epic blog post over at JenniferDavisArt.blogspot.com to show all of the artwork and a bunch of installation/party photos from my art exhibition at Public Functionary in Minneapolis.

This show represents the culmination of my carousel project. Swing by and check it out here!

The painting above was based on this guy I saw at the Carousel and Folk Art Museum at Heritage Gardens in Sandwich, MA. (I wrote a bit about my visit here.)


These guys:
Horses, 4x4', acrylic/graphite on panel, 2014

were based on this horse from the Paragon Carousel in Hull, Ma. (Blogged about that visit here.)


Lots more where those came from (including paintings based on the following) over here.

George L. Fox sculpture at Heritage Gardens in Sandwich, Ma.

Goat from Trimper's carousel in Ocean City, MD. (My notes here.)

Tough guy lion also from Heritage Gardens.

Frog from Trimper's carousel in Ocean City, MD. (My notes here.)

I never actually got to see this pig from Fete Paradiso (as it wasn't open when I went through NY) but I got permission to use fabulous photos for painting reference via @weiweistyle.) 

Rooster from Trimper's carousel in Ocean City, MD. (My notes here.)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Its pleasure to visit here,This blog is good to sharing the information about anyone's website which is good.
    playground equipment manufacturers

    ReplyDelete